Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Mindsets Contributing to Low Self-Confidence and How to Change Them

If you suffer from low self-confidence, you could be caught up in some negative mindsets that are affecting how you think about yourself and, ultimately, your self-esteem. Negative mindsets tend to have a lot of "always" or "never" talk, creating a sense of entrapment and hopelessness. Here are some examples of negative mindsets that can lead to low confidence.

"I will never get it right."

Contemplating this way will keep you against striving again, and even trying something for the first time. It makes it only too easy to give up.

"Nobody knows what this is like."

Whenever you lack self-confidence, a lot of times you imagine that everyone else has it together and you are clearly the odd man or woman out. You may feel isolated, and feel as if other people have their own lives together while you are still floundering.

"I am completely worthless."

When you don't have self-confidence, you may feel like you don't have anything of value to contribute, be it to your workplace, relationships, or something else.

"I am a complete disappointment."

No one fails at every single thing; but to a person with low self-confidence, it can sure seem that way. You could feel like everything you've ever tried has failed, even if this is not true.

"I could never achieve that."

Don't you see someone with a successful way of life you wish you had? If you lack self-confidence, you may have the above mentioned reaction. Instead of being empowered and wanting to create that lifestyle for yourself, you look at that person and get depressed, thinking you could never have what they've got.

How can These Mindsets Be Overcome?

In order to get over these destructive mindsets that lead to low confidence, it's necessary to reprogram your thought processes. You will have to be aware of your negative self-talk and immediately change it to something positive.

For example, rather than "I will never get it right," you could stop that thought in its tracks and think instead, "I have a problem with this, but if I keep trying and seek out the right help, I'm sure I can succeed." Rather than, "I could never do that," think, "I would love to do that! There is no reason why I can't have that lifestyle if I work at it."

You might need therapy and/or counseling to get rid of these mindsets. But like anything else in life, it can be done if you set realistic goals and have self confidence!

Other sites to help you on How to Build Confidence

No comments:

Post a Comment